Most people know me through my ability to help small businesses grow and ultimately to make more profit. I have spent nearly three decades doing this.
Most of my knowledge has come from:
1. Practical experience in the field
2. Trial and error in learning what works and what doesn’t
3. Learning by attending seminars by many of the world’s leading experts in sales and marketing
4. Learning from listening to CD’s by some of the world’s leading experts in my car. I spend at least and hour per day and often up to three hours per day traveling in my car. All this time I am educating myself through the medium of CD’s and dare I say it cassettes! I call my car a University on wheels.
But today, I would like to talk to you about Personal Development. Why? Because the more you invest in yourself, the more you have to invest in your business.
One expert I love listening to is Jim Rohn. Jim sadly died recently, but he was an amazing guy and one who made the complicated simple (which is my definition of of a great teacher).
Here are some of Jim’s words of wisdom:
1. Work harder on yourself then you do in your job, or in your business
2. Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better
3. It’s not what happens to you, it’s what you do about it (I love this one and live my life by it)
4. He encourages people to ask themselves – How come you are not already successful?
5. Don’t major in minor things
6. Increase the value of you
7. If you wish to be wealthy study wealth. If you wish to be fit study fitness. If you want more leads study lead generation
8. Take action – A goal is just a day dream until you start along the path to achieve it
9. There is always risk, but not taking risk means certain failure. There is however a big difference between risk and risky
10. Success is doing what failure won’t
Great stuff Jim. RIP