Welcome to the first weekly check-in. Weekly check-ins are basically a list of weekly thought provoking questions. Some questions you will get each week, whilst others will be new each week.
So here goes:
- How many leads did you create this week?
- How many leads did you turn into sales this week?
- How many sales calls did you make this week?
- How many times did you ask for a referral or testimonial and how many did you get?
- How many people went to your website this week?
- What did you learn this week?
- How organised were you this week?
What about next week?
- What are you going to delegate next week?
- What are your three top goals for next week?
- What areas of your business are you going to focus on improving this week?
- What new systems do you need to develop next week?
I hope these questions give you food for thought. If you want to share your answers with me then that would be very useful.
Today I spoke at the M3 Business Club which is a club for people who have lost their jobs and who are trying to get another one.
I did this out of my commitment to help others and my belief that ‘you can’t help someone else without helping yourself’.
I was talking to about fifty people on how to market themselves to get a job.
It struck me that getting a job is not unlike winning new business. You need to be good at Marketing and Selling.
I also recently spoke to 100 business owners. And I asked them a few questions, including:
- Are you responsible for sales – I got a 100% YES
- I then asked – are you directly responsible for selling – I got a 90% YES
- I then asked – Have you done any sales training in the past five years – I got a 2% YES.
I said so let me see if I have got this right. You are paying someone who has not bothered to train themselves or the develop the skills that they need for five years. Is that the case with you?
If so click here.
Want to win more business from your website?
Watch this short video to improve your Conversion Rate Optimisation
The three steps to success
There are many versions of ‘the secret to success’. However, it makes common sense for me to know…
- Do I know my ONE most important thing for the year/month/ quarter?
- Do I know my number ONE biggest action today?
- Have I planned my ONE biggest thing for first thing in the morning?
EVERYONE is busy, the real question is “busy doing what?”
Everyone has the same number of hours in the day. So it’s not a question of having the time, it’s a question of managing your priorities and putting the most important things first.
Most people have a thousand excuses as to why the can’t follow the 3 steps above.
Most people don’t have what they want and will never achieve the success they desire.
I don’t think that’s a coincidence, do you?
So my question for you is quite simple. What’s your one thing today?
Have a productive day!
Steve Mills – The Prudent Marketer
The book that inspired this blog post and one which is well worth reading is ‘The One Thing’ by Gary Keller.
Business advice for small businesses
The first quarter of 2017 is just a few days away from ending and I have a few questions for you.
- What did you do in your marketing that worked?
- What did you do that didn’t work?
- What were your wins (big and small)?
- Did you get closer to achieving your goals or mission?
I am about to discuss this with my team and we are going to use those questions and using the answers to make sure we achieve our goals for 2017.
We are doing really well right now, but the one question that keeps me focussed is:
“Did you get closer to achieving your ultimate goal or mission? Did you get all your balls in line?”
One of the biggest mistakes I see a lot of businesses making is sending out “sales” emails over and over again.
It’s better than not sending them out at all, but you need to understand that if you send one email after another trying to sell something, then your prospect of going to ‘tune out’, or unsubscribe.
I’ve already talked about the importance of following up many times on my blog. Yet, most people don’t follow up enough, or they abandon follow up altogether.
So the question is – How to follow-up with your prospect to forge a relationship with nurturing emails?
Another question to consider is – How you can use content to position you and your business as the KIP (Key person, or business of influence) in your market.
Want to Raise Your Game? Call us on 01256 345 556.
If you are looking for a Marketing Company in Basingstoke, then here are our top 7 tips to help you to find the right one?
- Find a Company who insists on the measurement of their and your marketing and sales results.
- Make sure you find a company who are not just about design if you want leads and sales!
- Make sure they are able to train you, mentoring you and do it for you.
- Marketing in 2017 and beyond is all about technology so ask them about their training and how they keep up to date with the on-going changes in the world of marketing.
- Make sure that your marketing company have a decent website and marketing materials themselves. Do they practice what they preach?
- Find out what they think about Social Media and ask them if they win new business on it?
- Lastly, ask them for a list of all their testimonials from satisfied clients. Being a marketing company they should have a significant number.
Want so ask us anything? Call us on 01256 345 556.
In this video, he talks about fear.