Karen Froude – has joined The Prudent Marketing Company as a Marketing & PR Consultant. Karen has worked in Marketing and PR roles within the insurance industry for more than 20 years in International Healthcare Insurance, Travel Insurance, General Insurance Pensions and Investments. Previous employers include Bupa International, Legal & General and Zurich UK. Her skills are broad and diverse and include all aspects of marketing strategy and communications.
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
Campaign and Project Management
• Produced the first ever Bupa International Corporate Video – filmed in four international destinations.
• Developed, designed and launched the ability to buy medical policies online for Bupa International.
• Twice researched, wrote and submitted Bupa International’s entry for the Queen’s Award for Export Achievement – winning both times in 1999 and 2005.
• Launched a low cost, high ROI, Member Get Member campaign for Bupa International.
Branding and Creative
• Changed the ‘look and feel’ of the Bupa International brand across all printed literature, advertisements (on and offline) and website.
• Designed and launched 3 secure Bupa International web portals for their intermediaries, individuals and corporate customers.
Customer Relationship Management and Retention
• Produced the first quarterly newsletter (HTML and Print) for Lifecare International.
• Designed and distributed the first customer questionnaire for Lifecare International’s customers in Kenya.
Event Management and Sponsorship
• Organised 7 Bupa International staff Summer Balls for 400+ people.
• Was chosen to represent Bupa International in the Bupa Group sponsorship team for the 2002 Commonwealth Games in Manchester, and managed the sponsorship of The Sussex Cricket Club for Legal & General and The Rugby Sevens in Hong Kong for Bupa International.
• Changed all written communication for Bupa International including literature, web content, and customer correspondence into new plain English ‘easy to understand’ wording.
Agency and Stakeholder Management
• Worked with and managed the relationship of several full service marketing agencies including Ogilvy and Mather (London), Designate (Brighton), WFCA (Tunbridge Wells) plus the PR agencies of Fishburn & Hedges (London) and RPPR (London). This included managing two contract tender processes.
• Influenced the Bupa International Management Team to change to single age pricing bands for customers.
• Successfully managed The Media after the collapse of Lehman’s Bank by limiting the negativity concerning Legal & General investments.
• Increased the volume of positive coverage/cuttings month on month throughout 2008/9 for Legal & General Savings Division (Investments and Pensions).
• Managed the Media when Zurich UK were fined by the Financial Services Authority regarding customer data loss in 2010.