Business advice for small businesses
The first quarter of 2017 is just a few days away from ending and I have a few questions for you.
- What did you do in your marketing that worked?
- What did you do that didn’t work?
- What were your wins (big and small)?
- Did you get closer to achieving your goals or mission?
I am about to discuss this with my team and we are going to use those questions and using the answers to make sure we achieve our goals for 2017.
We are doing really well right now, but the one question that keeps me focussed is:
“Did you get closer to achieving your ultimate goal or mission? Did you get all your balls in line?”
One of the biggest mistakes I see a lot of businesses making is sending out “sales” emails over and over again.
It’s better than not sending them out at all, but you need to understand that if you send one email after another trying to sell something, then your prospect of going to ‘tune out’, or unsubscribe.
I’ve already talked about the importance of following up many times on my blog. Yet, most people don’t follow up enough, or they abandon follow up altogether.
So the question is – How to follow-up with your prospect to forge a relationship with nurturing emails?
Another question to consider is – How you can use content to position you and your business as the KIP (Key person, or business of influence) in your market.
Want to Raise Your Game? Call us on 01256 345 556.
If you are looking for a Marketing Company in Basingstoke, then here are our top 7 tips to help you to find the right one?
- Find a Company who insists on the measurement of their and your marketing and sales results.
- Make sure you find a company who are not just about design if you want leads and sales!
- Make sure they are able to train you, mentoring you and do it for you.
- Marketing in 2017 and beyond is all about technology so ask them about their training and how they keep up to date with the on-going changes in the world of marketing.
- Make sure that your marketing company have a decent website and marketing materials themselves. Do they practice what they preach?
- Find out what they think about Social Media and ask them if they win new business on it?
- Lastly, ask them for a list of all their testimonials from satisfied clients. Being a marketing company they should have a significant number.
Want so ask us anything? Call us on 01256 345 556.
In this video, he talks about fear.
Like it, or loath it, marketing technology is here to stay
And the extent to which you embrace, use and benefit from it may well be a direct reflection of how successful you and your business are now and in the future.
The fact is that technology is going to become more important in the future and will enable us as businesses and people to be:
- More informed
- Better at doing things
- More informed
It is no longer acceptable to say “I don’t like technology”, or “I don’t understand it”. You MUST embrace it and become outstandingly good at using it.
Questions for you to consider
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being outstanding, how good are you and your business at using the following marketing technology:
- CRM systems
- Project management software
- Diary management
- email marketing software
- Financial management software
- Website management software like WordPress
Because if you are not really great, then this is no doubt costing you money and in my opinion, it is something that is missing in 90% of the people in businesses that I speak to.
Shortly we will be launching a new workshop and marketing programme called ‘Traction’. It is based on a fantastic book by the same name that I recently read.
The programme is based on six key business components, as follows:
- Letting go of the vine
- The vision
Look out for further details, or call 01256 345 556 in order to register your interest.