Steve is appearing again on Business Connections Live on Independence day 4th July at 1pm.
Business Connections Live, the UK’s Leading Online Business Channel is an online Business Television Channel giving free advice, mentoring and inspiration to Entrepreneurs, SME’s and Businesses. Each week our invited business experts join us live on the air to discuss and educate our viewers with business strategies that make a real difference.
Business Connections Live is the brain child of two entrepreneurs, Steve Hyland and Linda Bazant who saw the need for small businesses to have a source of information that was profitable and useful.
You con contact them at – http://businessconnectionslive.com/about-us/
On 4th July I will be talking about Re-Targeting, or Re-Marketing as it is sometimes called. Not sure what this means?
The good news is you are not alone. The even better news is – You could be the first in your industry to use this great form of marketing.
So tune in on 4th July at 1pm.
I have a fantastic tip for you to increase sales.
It is fantastic because it is so simple, but if applied it is also so effective.
So do not under estimate its potential powerful impact on this could have on your business.
So here we go…
The Secret of Sales Success
Rule 1 – Talk to lots of people every day
What are your current numbers? How many do you need to talk to to get a sale? Track your numbers.
Rule 2 – If you talk to lots of people, then you are bound to make more sales
Get your ratios, then work on improving your numbers. Become better at selling!
Rule 3 – Give good service
What is your daily customer service score? What could you do to improve it? Work out what you can do to better take care of your customers.
The key as always is taking action.
Microsoft to buy LinkedIn for $26bn<http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36519766>[http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/moira/img/ios/v3/1024/cpsprodpb/CD42/production/_89964525_hi033455224.jpg]
Microsoft is buying the professional networking website LinkedIn for about $26bn (£18bn) to help boost sales of its business software.
That is all we know for now and we will keep you updated with further news and changes, as they emerge.
10 ways to improve your sales conversion rates
So you convert four prospects out of ten. Does a 40% success rate mean you are wasting 60% of your marketing budget? No, but maybe some sales training could increase your rate to 60% – and that would up your turnover by 50%!
Here are a few tips that may prove valuable
- Get yourself into the proper frame of mind. You can’t expect to do a good job if you are still fuming about the idiot who cut you up on your way to the appointment. Let go of the day’s frustrations and concentrate on the customer.
- Find some common ground. Sometimes this means talking about (or letting the customer talk about) last night’s football or the awful state of the country before getting down to business. Just don’t let it get out of hand!
- Clearly identify the customer’s need. It’s a cliché but don’t try to sell the drill bit – sell the hole!
- Use their words, not yours. Sometimes we get carried away with our own clever jargon. If the customer wants ‘plenty of loft space’, don’t turn it into ’30 square metres of unobtrusive storage solution’.
- Paint attractive word pictures. Ask the customer to ‘imagine yourself driving through the countryside in your new convertible on a sunny day’.
- Use positive reinforcement. When the customer himself talks about the benefits of ownership, don’t be tempted to add lots more features – (s)he knows what (s)he wants. So just agree and ask for the order.
- Put yourself in their shoes. Try to see things from the customer’s viewpoint; ask yourself, ‘Would I buy it from me?’ If you can’t convince yourself ….
- When they suggest a feature they want, ask questions. ‘Why is that important to you?’ The more you ask, the more you will understand what they are looking for and the better you will be able to match your product to their requirements.
- Always be credible. Don’t make outrageous claims. Most customers can spot them and the ones that don’t come back looking for refunds when they discover the truth.
- Be prepared to say no if you believe they are making a mistake. It’s awfully hard to turn down a sale but they will thank you and probably become your most loyal customer in the future.
For further help click here