In 2014 on-line sales were $107 billion. What will they be at the end of 2015?
I am not sure what the figures for online sales will be for 2015, but I guess we will know soon. One thing I do know is that they will be higher than 2014 and that 2016 will be even higher than 2015.
As the internet changes and and we all become more comfortable with buying online, what does the future hold?
- Will cash totally disappear, as many are predicting?
- Will Amazon continue to dominate online sales?
- What is the future for small businesses online?
- Will it become easier to market your business online?
- Will video turn websites into TV stations?
- Will TV become how we browse the internet?
- What is going to happen to credit cards? Will they even exist in two years’ time?
- What is going to happen with mobile browsing? Is it the future?
- What new technology is just around the corner?
Several things are for sure:
- Your company needs to start creating sales or leads online
- The internet is going to become more important to small businesses in the future
- The technology is going to become more powerful, and therefore more complex, in the future
- If you don’t embrace the internet, and internet marketing, then you will get left behind
- Constant change is the new norm
- Social media marketing will become more effective
- Businesses will need to embrace additional income streams
- It is going to become even more competitive
- Some industries will die away, or we will be outsourcing to other countries
- Software will continue to replace people
I recently came across a company that might help you to measure your marketing planning more effectively.
I would like to introduce you to Maincom’s, in particular I wanted to inform you about Smart Numbers, also known as Virtual numbers.
We have one number on our website, another on LinkedIn, another on our emails, etc and the smart number system tells us how many times each number is called. Simples!
Smart numbers provide a great cost effective solution for monitoring the success of marketing campaigns such as press advertising, online marketing and of course your website and social media pages.
With a free call recording facility they also provide a great staff training tool to ensure calls are being handled in the correct manner.
Key features of Smart Numbers:
- Each number is billed at £1+vat per month (rolling 30 day contract)
- You can have as many 0333, local area codes, 0800 numbers as you would like, pointed to any landline or mobile number
- They can provide a list of numbers for you to pick from.
- Great for marketing and staff training as comes with free call recording, you can listen back to all calls over a 30 day period and download any that you wish to save
- With your own secure login you can monitor the number of calls received on each one, proof as to whether a campaign is working and generating calls.
- As the number is diverted to your landline or mobile, calls are charged at less than a penny for Local and National (£0.0070ppp) and less than 4p to mobiles (£0.0395ppm
- You can login and re-programme the numbers to point to a different destination at a click of a button which is instance.
If you would like to know more you can either talk to me or please do feel free to contact Sue Morant directly at Maincoms – email@example.com / 0333 358 3000 / www.maincoms.co.uk
We are not on commission, but I wanted to let you know about this great way of measuring your marketing.
As a former international Table Tennis player myself, I really appreciate that this is incredible!