Internet Marketing Training
What is your Marketing New Years Resolution?
If you want to grow your business in 2014, then you need to Raise your Game. If you don’t want 2014 to be like 2013 and you want to get more leads, more sales and more bottom line profit from your business, then I have got news for you – you need to improve your marketing.
This is even more true in your ‘on-line’ lead generation.
Have a look at the Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) results that one of my clients got using the strategies that they learned during one of my workshops.
Watch the best of Business Connections Live TV 2013. Look out for me! I have been asked back and am appearing again at 7pm on Wednesday 15th January 2014.
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DP5Rwu1zh-vA img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/P5Rwu1zh-vA/0.jpg embed=false share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false opfix=true /]
How to get grants and funding for your business?
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DXhpb-VmljjI%26goback%3D.gmr_3988799 img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/Xhpb-VmljjI/0.jpg embed=false share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false opfix=true /]
The problem with Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Companies is this…
If they are so good at SEO, then how come:
1. They are not all over the first page of Google
2. They are not making a fortune selling their own products and services on-line
The other day a company came to me and told me…
that they were Berkshire’s leading SEO company and did I need any help. I went along with the conversation and at the same time I was searching for them live on Google. Do you know what? I could not find them anywhere! I searched:
- SEO companies Berkshire
- Search engine optimisation Berkshire
- Internet marketing advice Berkshire
- PPC advice
- And a whole lot more
They were no-where to be found! When I told them what I was doing, they just hung-up!
Now don’t get me wrong.
There are some great SEO and internet marketing companies out there and there are also some awful ones!
The problem with buying SEO advice is:
- Most people who run small businesses, don’t know what they are buying and when you don’t understand what you are buying you either don’t buy and that costs you profit, or buy the wrong service and that burns your marketing budget
- With SEO it is often difficult to see what you are buying until you have flushed a load of cash down the toilet. It often takes a few months to get any results
- Some people talk a good game, but don’t get results
- SEO is changing all the time and so it is essential that your SEO company are up to date.
- Learn the basics of SEO. Once you have done this, you can decide to either do it in-house, or externalise it. Either way, you will know enough, to make a good buying decision
- SEO is fairly simple, so don’t get taken in by ‘techie’ talk
- SEO is an on-going investment and and it takes time
- SEO is not something you invest in, and it is then done. You need to invest monthly, on an on-going basis
- How much do you invest? It depends on the size of your business, how successful you are and want to be. But consider this, the more you invest, the more you will get out of it, so £30 per month is not going to get you too far!
- Like most things, the more you put into it, the more you get out of it
- Consistency is king
- Don’t rely on SEO. SEO drives traffic to your website, but so do lots of other things. I get 1,000 visits to my site every month from LinkedIn.
So my advice is to go and get trained. You can do this with me, or someone else, but either way you need to know what you are buying, or doing!
One last point
You can not and must not avoid doing anything. Are people on Google right now searching for what you do and finding your competitors? If they are, then this is costing you money every day, week, month and year.
Click this link
Are you winning business from your website?
If you are like 95% of all small businesses, then the answer is – NO. Or at best – RARELY!!!
The truth is that most websites owned and managed by small businesses don’t work. This is often because they are not marketed properly and not because their website is no good.
I know people who have fairly poorly designed websites but are optimised well on Google which means this creates millions of pounds worth of business and I know others that have fantastic looking websites that have never created a lead!
I would like to show you what one of my clients has recently achieved on Google using my advice. Click on the video below in order to take a look…
[stream provider=youtube flv=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DuCGiMK1eKKU img=x:/img.youtube.com/vi/uCGiMK1eKKU/0.jpg embed=false share=false width=640 height=360 dock=true controlbar=over bandwidth=high autostart=false opfix=true /]
This month with the lead up to Christmas, I am getting e-mails from companies that I have not heard from all year! I am clearly on their emailing list, but they have not bothered to try to educate me on their services, or make me a special offer about a product that they sell. It is nice that they send me a Christmas email, wishing me a happy Christmas, but I feel these companies are losing a fortune by not keeping in touch with their customers and prospects on a regular basis.
Do you know how much it is costing your business by not using e-mail marketing ? How much is potentially sitting on your table asking for you to claim it? How often do you, or could you, be e-mailing your clients and prospects?
I send an e-mail out to everyone on my list at least once per week. Results are …..
- I can phone any of my over 50,000 people on my list and they all know me
- I never send an e-mail out without making money
- I drive thousands of people every month to my website by using ‘teaser copy’ in my e-mail, with links to webpages on my site where they can get further information.
You should try it. If you need help got to e-mail marketing.
It was great to be back in Dubai in November and working with local Dubai based businesses. I am looking forward to returning in 2014 and helping local businesses to marketing themselves on-line and using LinkedIn. It is great to see that I am ranked No.1 by Google under the search terms ‘Marketing Advice Dubai’. Not bad for a small business based in Berkshire England.
If you are in Dubai and in need of marketing advice, or training, please feel free to get in touch and I would be very pleased to help. For further details go to Internet Marketing Training.
It is often said that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting a different result!
And yet – I meet business owners every day who do just that. They tell me that they:
- Don’t have the time to marketing themselves
- They believe that networking is the key (a self limiting belief)
- They don’t understand the modern marketing technology
- They are marketing themselves in the same way that they did 10 years ago
- They complain about wasting money
The truth of the matter is that if you want to grow your business you MUST change your marketing approach. Why? Because it is not working! If it was you would already be successful. So you must learn:
The six skills of Prudent Marketing success
Skill No.1 – Understanding your numbers – This is all about the measurement of your sales and marketing numbers
Skill No.2 – Scoreboard – This is all about improving your numbers ‘Raising your Game’ and getting a better return on your marketing investment
Skill No.3 – New skill development – This tactic is about developing new income streams
Skill No.4 – Playing at home – Is the development of quality relationships with your current clients to create ‘Raving Fans’
Skill No.5 – Maximisation – How to get more out of the many Marketing without Money strategies
Skill No.6 – Coaching for the future – Is the development of outstanding, online marketing strategies and systems.
For further information go to Prudent Marketing Advice.
And boy that makes us feel good!
We are committed to helping those not as lucky as we are and being a training company we like to Educate. So when anyone books on to one of our workshops we pay for a Child to be Educated.
If your answer to this question is anything but “learning how to double my profits in 2014”, then you really need to attend my 3 hour workshop.
I truly believe that 2014 will be the biggest year of growth in two decades for the UK’s small businesses and I want to give you the tools to take full advantage of the awesome opportunities coming your way.
This Friday’s event (13th December) is being held in Bracknell, but I have more events taking place throughout December and January in Oxford, Newark on Trent, Southampton, London, Kingsclere (nr Basingstoke) and Swindon.